M&A Due Diligence
Risk Management and Insurance transition planning for the target business. This includes:
- Insurance sourcing and implementation/integration planning that is most advantageous to the client, and not necessarily for the broker or insurer.
- Identification of financial liabilities arising from past exposures and proper insurance policies and risk management programs transfer that exposure. We advise on potential exposures which may carry forward through the transaction.
- Identification of loss-sensitive policies or high-retention policies which may create unexpected costs for the buyer post transaction or not properly addressed in the PSA.
- Evaluation of historic insurance, operational safety and loss/claims record.
- Support of Purchase and Sale Agreement and Transition Agreement negotiations, and the evaluation of contractual risk-transfer mechanisms, both in place at the target company and as part of the acquisition agreement.